Putting together a housewarming gift for your employees? Whether they're in a new home as a relocation to join your team or just buying in a new city, it's a good time to recognize this achievement and celebrate this new beginning with them. Here are 11 Gift Ideas for your employee's new home and housewarming.
One of the biggest milestones in any person’s life is moving into a new home, whether it’s a rented place or one’s forever home. A new environment always feels like a fresh start no matter what, so it’s always nice to celebrate the person who has embarked on a new chapter in his life. What better way to do that than by sending a housewarming gift basket?
Giving personalized housewarming gifts is a great way to make your friend, family member, co-worker or employee feel that you are happy for them and wish them well. In fact, some of the best companies and work places often send useful practical housewarming gifts to employees as a benefit or simply a way to show them that their employer cares for them.
The thoughtfulness that comes with sending even simple practical housewarming gifts never goes unchecked, and you can bet that this gesture is reciprocated tenfold in numerous ways.
Having said that, it is always best to have an arsenal of practical housewarming gifts for apartments or different homes at the ready. You never know if an employee has just moved, so having gifts for new homeowners within easy reach is always handy! If you’re having some difficulty thinking of unique housewarming gift ideas, this article has got your covered.
We’ve put together a list of ten housewarming gift ideas that you can easily reference when it’s time to prepare them for anyone. Check out these ten best practical housewarming gifts that anyone will love!
11 Most Popular Housewarming Gifts Sets
1. Snack Around the Clock. Lolli & Pop Hot Cocoa, Malvi Marshmallows, Unna Bakery Cookies, Raaka Chocolate Bar, Lolli & Pop Bear Tubes
These anytime snack items are often included in the list of best housewarming gifts for first home owners. They make great pantry fillers to ensure that the new homeowner always has a sweet perk me up to turn to when they’re in the mood for a sugar fix!
Whether it’s for a simple dessert, a quick midnight snack, or a nice treat for behaved children, these little bits of happiness will surely bring a smile to a homeowner’s face.
2. Drink Pairings. Kinto Stacking Mugs, Elm Coffee Roasters, Espro Copper Coffee Press, Fellow Raven Kettle (Matte Black), Silver Needle Tea
Drink options make for very practical housewarming gifts for guys and gals alike. Sending traditional housewarming gifts like this communicates your desire for the new homeowner to have a nice hot cup of soothing beverage to perk up his mornings or help him settle down in the quietest of evenings.
If you’re not sure if your employee or co-worker is a coffee or tea drinker, the best thing to do is to give him both! They will still be well-appreciated by other people who live in the same house or by friends and family that are lucky enough to visit.
3. Playful Objects. Cube Bot, Areaware Blockitecture, Framed Print, Live Airplant with Planter, Gradient Puzzles
If you’re not the type who wants to send practical housewarming gifts Target often stocks, this particular set should be right up your alley. Here are some unique housewarming gift ideas for the stylish set or for those who seem to have everything they already need!
This collection is all about adding style and whimsy to any home – the finishing touch that lends a dash of personality to even the most mundane of corners or hallways.
Think of these pieces as mainstays to anyone’s Instagram shots of a stylish home, from the black felt board and letters to the super cute Areaware Blockitecture decors!
4. Comfy Staples. Woolrich Atlas Blanket, August Tea Flavor Kit, Kinto Stacking Mug Set, Headspace Guided Meditation Gift Card, Basik Scented Candle
Getting a new home in order can be a very stressful and long-played out chore for any homeowner. If your desire is to send some calm and comfort to soothe their frazzled nerves, these practical gifts for new homeowners will instantly make their house a home.
They can look forward to a restful evening sitting on the couch cozied up in the warm blanket, sipping hot tea and having a guided meditation session – care of you!
This set is a very touching way to let them know that their peace of mind at this time in their life is what you really care about.
5. Party Mood Makers. Bananagrams Game, JAM Bluetooth Speaker, Wine-O’s, Minim Playing Cards, Stackable Glass Set.
Some homeowners are super excited to get the house all set up so they can invite their friends over for a little party. If you are thinking of housewarming gifts Amazon might find popular for avid home entertainers, this collection is just the set to give.
The Bananagrams and Minim Playing Cards guarantee endless hours of fun and games for all the times they might want to host game night.
The Bluetooth speaker sets the party mood tunes, while the stackable glass and wine markers are staple items that drink lovers will always find useful to have on hand.
If entertaining at home is the agenda, these beyond-traditional gifts for new homeowners will always be appreciated.
6. Command Center Essentials. Poketo Slim Pen, Native Union Charging Belt, Document Folders, InCase Laptop Sleeve
Every home – newly moved in or not – has a command center where writing essentials, calendars, and spare cables or whatnot are kept. These things might seem like unlikely housewarming gifts for men and women for their new residences, but they are as essential as they come.
These simple, everyday items do highly important tasks such as plan schedules, list grocery shopping items, hurriedly compute payables, and make notes for people around the house to see.
For a co-worker or employee moving into a new house, these items might not be easily accessed right away because of the sheer number of boxes to unpack. Gifting him with one is a great minimalist housewarming gift that’s vital to one’s sense of household order and routine.
7. Handy Helpers. Smart Native Union Charger, Silver Flashlight, Tile Key Tracker, Fish Pocket Knife, Bottle Opener Water Cup
Here is a great housewarming present for girlfriend and boyfriend alike! These utility items play a big role in keeping things working fine and dandy in any household, especially when an emergency strikes.
This set of housewarming return gifts can be kept in different areas of the house where they may be most utilized – the flashlight and fish pocket knife in an emergency drawer, the charger on a bed stand, bottle opener cup in the kitchen and the key tracker on one’s key ring on the dish beside the door.
There’s always a use for these handy helpers, and anyone would be grateful to receive even just one item off this collection.
8. A Little of Everything. Minimalist playing cards, Lolli & Pops Dark Chocolate, Corkcicle 9oz Insulated Beverage Bottle, Areaware Tile Coasters, Peak Everyday Ice Trays
Can’t decide on a good housewarming bundle for co-workers or employees moving into a new space? The safest route is to assemble a “little bit o’ everything” type of gift basket. This is an assemblage of thoughtfully chosen items that are well-loved and used in the home.
A good balance of utility and fun, this is always a delight to receive. The minimalist playing cards are easy to reach for on nights when the new homeowner is hosting game night. The ice trays go right in the freezer to get some chilled beverages going, which can be poured right into the snazzy Corkcicle bottle.
Tile coasters keep the coffee table from getting ruined with water stains, while the dark chocolate is a nice nightly treat after dinner or a long day of unboxing items for the new home.
9. Scents and Style. Vitruvi Diffuser, Vitruvi Essential Oils, Battio Blanket, PF Diffuser, PF Candle
Here is a gift that zeroes right into the senses – scents that instantly uplift anyone’s personal space and elevates the mood to utter relaxation!
Consider this scents-themed package as the piece de resistance to anyone who has moved into a new home and has finally gotten it in order: after a long week of unpacking, the finishing touch is to diffuse a fragrant and relaxing scent to finally sit down and enjoy the new surroundings.
The Battio blanket is a nice touch – just imagine the recipient wrapping himself with it while relishing the scent of a finally-furnished home space!
The PF candle is a great addition to any bathroom and is also a staple in bathroom housewarming gifts, too.
If you can’t physically be there to help the new homeowner set up, then you may as well send these goodies that can motivate him to get the job done so he can instantly zip to the part where he finally gets to relish being in his new digs.
10. Easy Appetizers. Winco Wood Bread Board, Rustic Bakery Crackers, Cucina & Amore Bruschettas, ILA Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Daphne & Chloe Oregano
This “easy appetizers” collection makes a wonderful housewarming gift that helps your new homeowner friend put together a party to celebrate his new home.
The Winco Wood Bread Board is a great setting for an appetizer platter of the Rustic Bakery Crackers, an assemblage of different Cucina & Amore Bruschettas for dipping and spreading, and the ILA Extra Virgin Olive Oil placed prominently on the dining table for an extra dash of indulgence.
The Daphne & Chloe Oregano is a handy herb to use for quickly putting together a hearty pasta that’s served for dinner time. You’ll feel good knowing that you were able to have a silent hand in the merriment that happens during one’s housewarming party – and you didn’t need to bring flowers or wine in order to accomplish that!
And when everything’s been consumed, the new homeowner will still have that lovely wooden chopping board to use and reuse with every meal time prep.
11. Conversation starters. Minimal Combo Canvas Set, Canvas Art, Wall Gallery, Elephant Stock
Last but definitely not least! This 6-piece canvas set of ready-to-hang art from Elephant Stock boasts beautiful designs that easily pair together for a stunning art collage. Best of all, with these minimalistic, black and white designs, they complement almost any decor. So, if these walls could talk, what would they say about the new homeowners? They know how to make an artful, bold statement without overpowering a room.
If you’re looking for a high quality, unique gift that says welcome home, this 100% premium canvas set is constructed for long-lasting durability and features UV scratch-resistant and waterproof laminates for added protection.
Available in multiple sizes—with hardware included for hanging—your new homeowners can make any wall a masterpiece.
Questions to Ask and Answer When Ordering Housewarming Gifts
Do you want to make sure that you are going to order a good set of housewarming gifts for any employee who may be moving into a new home any time soon? These questions are worth considering when choosing the right combination of presents.
1. What kind of budget do you have for creating housewarming gift baskets? Every company will have a different budget. Sometimes it’s big enough to get several items, and sometimes you only have enough allowance to get one nice present. Find out what yours is so you instantly have a ceiling to work with when choosing the items.
2. Can you create several types of housewarming gift packages? If you want to put in a bit of extra personalization, you may want to create different housewarming packages for different types of employee profiles.
For example, you will probably want to create a housewarming garden gifts package for employees who move into homes that have enough space for a garden. At the same time, you may also create a package that’s more suited to homeowners who are moving into smaller spaces like condominiums or apartments.
There’s also consideration for young and single homeowners, whose needs and tastes may be different from older homeowners who already have families of their own. This isn’t to add stress to the task of ordering housewarming gifts – this is merely a suggestion for differentiating them if you have the time and freedom to do so.
3. Will you give it in the office or have it delivered to the home? If your housewarming gift is on the big and bulky side, you might want to consider having it delivered to your employee’s home if he or she commutes.
If the new home doesn’t have a doorman or you are not too comfortable about leaving it unattended on the porch (or if there are consumables that might perish in the heat), consider delivering it yourself personally or having a messenger deliver it instead.
Invited to the housewarming party? Bring the gift yourself and present it as care of the company. Each option is different, yes – but they all send the same message of wishing your employee or co-worker happiness in his new home.
4. How do you plan to package it? Packaging is important, too! Presenting the housewarming gifts in an attractive manner heightens one’s excitement over it and send the message that the people at your company always go the extra mile. Packaging need not be luxurious but it should convey a sense of stylish thoughtfulness. You have many options for packaging, such as:
· Crates – put everything in a crate to deliver that chic, homey vibe
· Embossed box with lid – for a smooth, sophisticated and decidedly urban touch on minimalist packaging
· Assembled in a reusable bag – for extra mileage, since the packaging itself can be put to good use after everything has been unpacked (hello, new reusable bag for going to the grocery!)
· Assembled in a gift basket covered in cellophane – a classic look for gifting that never goes out of style
Preparing gift baskets for employee housewarming presents can actually be a fun activity for the person in charge of this. For as long as you know what your options are, the budget you can work with, and the kind of people you intend to give these to, you will go through the entire process with as few challenges as possible.
The easiest way of going about ordering these housewarming packages is as always, choosing an online retailer that specializes in it. You will rest easy knowing that there’s someone on the other end of the line helping you put it together with handpicked options that are already tried and tested!