Check out our carefully curated list of ideas for the best tech swag around!
Great tech swag is something that attendees look forward to at events. They also work really well as tech corporate swag for your own employees’ year-round gifting. This is why it’s important to have a collection of well-thought of gaming and tech swag. In this article we’ll take a closer look at 25 best tech corporate swag ideas that will make your 2021 events and corporate gifting more relevant and meaningful.
Gifts for Tech Lovers: What Kind of Swag Do Tech Employees Like?
Feeling overwhelmed about choosing from different tech company swag options? The good news is that you know the recipients are mostly avid techies themselves. This alone clues you in on what your main focus should be – interesting tech gifts, pc related giveaways, gamer swag, etc. After you prioritize the best options for interesting tech gifts, you can also consider other swag that techies also use and appreciate such as t-shirts, coffee mugs, etc. For this article, the focus will be on tech-related items.
Using Swag to Promote Video Games
Using swag to promote video games is a crucial component of every tech marketing campaign. Swag for promoting video games seeks to accomplish two key objectives:
1. Get the market interested in the newly launched (or soon to be launched) video game. Promotional swag helps ramp up the excitement about new offerings. Good swag has the potential to turn interested individuals into actual, buying customers because they’ve had good experience with the promotional swag.
2. Thank the audience for their support for the game. Word about the new product cannot circulate if not for the efforts of key individuals who help spread news about it, which is why swag comes in handy to thank them for their efforts. It’s a mutually beneficial exchange, with the individual as a key disseminator who is compensated for their effort with merchandise and quite possibly, the product itself.
25 Promotional Swag Ideas for Gamers and Tech Enthusiasts
If you need unique tech gifts and other equally relevant swag ideas, these 25 items are great to start off with!
1. Jam Hang Around Bluetooth Speaker
Jam Hang Around Bluetooth Speaker, $50
2. Sony XB01 Extra Bass Portable Compact Bluetooth Speaker
Sony XB01 Extra Bass Portable Compact Bluetooth Speaker $34.99
When it comes to awesome tech gifts, you’ll find that Bluetooth speakers are popular swag options. Whether it’s to listen to one’s favorite discography or the latest podcast episode, it’s a good choice as swag for tech nerds and the like. Bigger versions are great for amplifying sound in a big space – which is great for parties and gatherings. Meanwhile, you can also opt for a more compact option that can easily fit in one’s bag for on-the-go listening pleasure. If you are giving away Bluetooth speakers as free tech company swag, make sure to choose one where there is enough space to print your company logo for good visibility.
3. Tile Mate
4. Tile Slim
One of the best technology gift ideas that came out in recent years is the Bluetooth tracker. It is a handy device that you can easily toss inside a bag or loop on a chain along with your most precious gadget so you can easily find or keep track of it. This is the perfect swag for tech nerds who are always misplacing their gadgets, or need a way to secure their expensive electronics. Bluetooth trackers use GPS-connectivity, have a range of around 100 feet, and have very good alarm systems to alert you as necessary.
5. Fujifilm Instax SQ6 Camera
Fujifilm Instax SQ6 Camera, $159.99
6. Fujifilm Instax Mini 9 Instant Camera
Fujifilm Instax Mini 9 Instant Camera, $99.95
You’d better believe it – in a world where branded tech swag like Tile or Native Union rule supreme, decades-old stalwarts like Fujifilm have found a way to make their retro tech products truly relevant. These Instax cameras deliver the novelty of using film to produce photos, which is a great way to have some fun with tech! Many people consider an Instax as one of the coolest tech gifts around because it emphasizes the fun lifestyle and culture that a lot of people in the tech and gaming industry aspire to have.
7. Powerstick Mosaic
The rise of wireless gadgets has certainly been very evident in the last five years, which is why you definitely want to have at least one wireless item in your roster of technology gadgets for gifts. This Powerstick is a great swag for tech companies: it can seamlessly transfer files from one source to another and act as a streaming hub for all your data. What makes it perfect is the fact that you can also charge from it as well. It is undoubtedly one of the coolest tech gifts around, and anyone who is lucky enough to receive it can 100% put it to good use.
8. Nomad Universal Cable USB-A 1.5m
Nomad Universal Cable USB-A 1.5m, $39.95
9. Nomad Universal Cable USB-C 1.5m
Nomad Universal Cable USB-C 1.5m, $34.95
While the tech world is definitely taking the wireless route, cables are still very much relevant in the daily life of people – whether they are certified techies or not. These Nomad universal cables definitely make great swag for tech companies because of their high utility value. Everyone can certainly use an extra cable, and these ones are durable enough to withstand the daily grind.
10. LSTN The Bolt
11. UrBeats Wired Earbuds
12. Beatsx Wireless Earbuds
Beatsx Wireless Earbuds, $119.99
Solo listening is made even better with earphones, so make sure you add a pair as swag for tech conferences. While Bluetooth speakers are meant for projecting music and sound in an open space, earphones are great for when you want a more intimate listening experience. For people in the game and tech industry, it’s not uncommon for them to be completely absorbed in their computer work while listening to their favorite tunes. If you are putting together a collection of custom gaming swag, earphones are a must-have.
13. Powerstick Keystand
While branded tech gifts usually have a significant price tag attached to them, it doesn’t mean the best tech company swag should always cost you an arm and a leg. This super affordable kickstand isn’t just economically priced – it’s also extremely useful. It’s a hassle free way to watch videos or read stuff on your phone hands-free. At only four dollars, it’s the kind of free tech company swag that you can afford to give out to a lot of people. It even counts as gamer swag: pair it up with a wireless controller and your favorite mobile phone RPG game, and you’ve got a gaming rig that easily fits in your small bag!
Wireless Phone and Device Chargers
14. Native Union Drop XL Wireless Charger
Native Union Drop XL Wireless Charger, $99.99
15. Native Union Dock Wireless Charger
Native Union Dock Wireless Charger, $69.99
16. Lexon Oslo Energy
17. Lexon Bali Extra Slim Wireless Charger
Lexon Bali Extra Slim Wireless Charger, $49.90
18. Native Union Smart Charger
Native Union Smart Charger, $30
The last thing a techie wants is to run out of power, so one of the best swag for tech companies to give out is a charger. Whether you go for a wired or a wireless one, this is a tech industry swag idea staple that is always warmly received. You can include this in a box of video game promotional items, or it can work as a standalone giveaway as well.
Computer Backpacks and Tech Bags
19. MiiR 2 Olympus 20L Computer Backpack
MiiR 2 Olympus 20L Computer Backpack, $59.99
20. Parkland Script Navy Atlantic
Parkland Script Navy Atlantic, $59.99
21. Timbuk2 Parkside Laptop Backpack
Timbuk2 Parkside Laptop Backpack, $69
Precious electronics need protection, and these bags offer the best protection around! Choose from backpacks (where there is more room to stow other personal belongings or peripherals) or laptop bags (a great way to separate your tech from your other daily essentials) and customize both with your company logo to make it the perfect swag for tech companies.
22. Lexon Organizer Pouch
23. Flight001 Spacepak Small
24. Native Union Stow Organizer
Native Union Stow Organizer, $49.99
25. Kiko Leather Cord Organizer 3 Pack
Kiko Leather Cord Organizer 3 Pack, $20
Keep your small gadgets and peripherals safe and organized with these small packs and organizers! If you are putting together custom gaming swag for your next event, these options make for popular tech gifts and game giveaways that will always be put to good use. The zippered kits keep slightly bigger peripherals like chargers and hard drives snug and secure, while the cord organizers prolong the life of your cords and cables because they can be wrapped neatly without any danger of getting tangled.
Why Swag for Gaming Is Important
Just like any other industry, the gaming sector can greatly benefit from giving swag and coming up with different gaming promotion ideas for events. It’s a great way to generate buzz for their main products, whether it is software or hardware. When they organize virtual or face to face marketing events to promote their products, giving away video game promotional items is a customary way to thank attendees for their time and effort. This is why it is important to seriously consider the best tech industry swag ideas for your giveaways: they are a good way to show your appreciation as well as to impress upon others just how thoughtfully you approach the idea of curating giveaway items for events.
How to Choose Good Company Swag
If you need a general guide in choosing from so many branded corporate tech gifts, here’s a shortlist that can help:
1. Choose the current technology. This means going for items that most people use nowadays. It can be wireless, USB-C – whatever your target market (or even your employees) often reach out for. Doing so will ensure that you give items that fit their current electronics. This means staying away from obsolete tech, too.
2. Go for general tech rather than something super-specific, unless you have a highly targeted market. Attendees of your tech events will come from different backgrounds, lifestyles and cultures – and your goal is to find what is common to all. When it comes to tech industry swag ideas, that means going for something useful but general (ex. a Bluetooth speaker) rather than something very specific to a subset of techies (ex. a computer peripheral that not everybody uses or likes to have).
3. Go for a reputable brand. Your shortlist of gaming promotion ideas should be a compilation of reputable brands known for producing useful and high quality items. It doesn’t matter if it is a $4 keystand or a $70 wireless charger – you need to make sure that whatever you are getting is backed by a brand that stands for quality. After all, there is nothing more cringe-worthy than distributing game giveaways or video gaming gifts and swag that are defective!
4. Find the best options for your budget while matching your objective. It’s important to maximize your budget while meeting your goal at the same time. If your goal is to distribute popular tech gifts to as many individuals as possible, then that means you might have to look for good quality tech company swag options from a more affordable price range to reach your target number. If your goal is to make a big impression on a select group of tech personalities, then you should focus your attention on covetable, higher-tier video gaming gifts.
5. Study the product to determine how you can personalize it. If you have at least two options that are equal in quality and performance, go for the one that gives you a better canvas for personalization. We’re talking enough item real estate on which you will emblazon your company logo for maximum visibility. Whether you are choosing items for PC-related giveaways or gaming competition prize ideas for adults (and everything in between), make sure there is ample room for you to affix your company name and/or logo.
6. Work with a company that can offer gaming promotion ideas and services. These professional service providers such as Gemnote have the experience of working with the best brands across a variety of industries. They have the latest and most trending swag giveaway items at the best wholesale prices, so enlisting their help in your endeavor will remove a lot of decision-making tasks off your back.