Summer is officially in full swing and we're thinking of the best places to take our paid time off this year. Whether you're looking for an Eat, Pray, Love trip, a relaxing excursion with your partner or an overdue family vacation, we recommend these 7 destinations.
Already booked your ticket(s) for one of these cities? Here are also some travel essentials you'll need to bring with you.
Situated in the Arabian Sea, the Maldives is home to some of the most beautiful resorts and marine life in the world. Some may compare its geography and climate to Hawaii, but don't be fooled--one visitor writes, 'Hawaii is like going to an island. Maldives is like going to another planet.'
1) Sun Bum SPF 50 Original Sunscreen Lotion 2) Fujifilm Instax Mini 90 Neo Classic in Black 3) Bathing Suit 4) The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood 5) Sunski Foothill Sunglasses 6) Panama Hat 7) Turkish Beach Towel
Machu Picchu, Peru
Our Head of Biz Ops, Diane, just came back from a 4-day hike up Machu Picchu and found it incredibly fulfilling. 'If you're looking for a physical challenge, this has got to be your next vacation spot. My favorite part was learning about the Incan culture as we hiked. My less favored part was getting smoked by an elderly couple that made it look too easy.'
1) Topo Designs Klettersack in Charcoal 2) Miir Heritage Howler in Stainless Steel 3) Fjallraven Travelers Jacket 4) The Adventure Log by Word. Notebooks in Black 5) Danner Portland Select Mountain Light Boot 6) Ursa Major 4-in-1 Essential Face Tonic 7) United by Blue Byers Bartrams Sock
Recently ranked the second biggest tourist destination in the world, Bangkok is rich with cultural attractions, incredible food and beautiful beaches. The Thai capital has been an international favorite for the last few years, but be sure to book your tickets soon! According to experts, Bangkok is slowly sinking and could potentially be submerged in less than fifteen years.
1) Persol Calligrapher Edition Sunglasses 2) ourCaste Dry Sack in Black 3) Gold Horseshoe earrings 4) Land of Women x The Dreslyn Classic Bikini Top in Black 5) Johnnie-O Jackson Swim Trunks 6) Pronounce Bug Spray 7) Seafolly Metallic Jacquard Sarong 8) Leica C Digital Camera in Light Gold 9) Lonely Planet Bangkok Travel Guide 10) Teva Original Universal Premier in Black
Mount Buller, Victoria, Australia
Did you miss ski season in Utah this year? Head down under, where our summer is Australia's winter. Mount Buller, located in the small town of Victoria, is a popular destination for skiing, snowboarding, and snowball fights. Where else would you be able to pull out a beanie and gloves in July?
1) Smith I/OS Photochromic Snow Goggles 2) CamelBak Zoid Hydration Pack in Silver 3) Eddie Bauer Down Aviator Hat in Dk Smoke 4) Analog Zenith Gore-Tex Snowboard Jacket 5) Marmot Wm's Kate Pant in Black 6) Zippo 12-Hour Hand Warmer in Black 7) Hestra Heli Glove 8) Leathe Keyring Lanyard 9) Burton 2016 Fiend LTD Snowboard Boots UNDFTD
We can't think of a better reason to visit a country (where movies like the Bourne Ultimatum, Babel and Mission Impossible Rogue Nation were filmed) than its intricate art, rich culture and famous souks (Arab market/bazaar). These souks are like Amazon.com IRL; you can get anything from solid gold jewelry to handcrafted furniture.
1) Bobble Classic Water Bottle in Black 2) Madewell Striped Convertible Scarf 3) Boohoo Nuala Rope Back Mono Print Maxi Dress 4) White Amazon Kindle 5) Figue Scaramouche Sandals 6) Ray-Ban Hexagonal Flat Lenses in Green Classic G-15 7) Round Rattan Basket Bag
If you have kids, this is the place to bring their Safari storybooks to life. There are few places in the world you can run (or drive, rather) with wild zebras, giraffes, elephants and more. The best wildlife viewing months are June to October, so it's the perfect time to surprise your children with an unforgettable summer vacation.
1) Timex Weekender Chrono Oversized Watch 2) Carhartt Women's El Paso Utility Vest 3) S'well Khaki Cheetah Bottle 4) Marmot Simpson Sun Hat 5) Vortex Viper HD Binoculars 6) Visine All Day Comfort Dry Eye Relief 7) Simple Cleansing Facial Wipes 8) Fjallraven Kanken No.2 16L Backpack in Green
Calling all tea-lovers! The Southern Indian state of Kerala is known for its beautiful backwaters, fascinating wildlife, and vast tea plantations found in the town of Munnar. This is the ideal destination for the adventure-loving tea connoisseur. Book a plantation tour in advance to get the full experience, and enjoy the various cups of chai you’ll be sipping along the way.
1) ShedRain RainEssentials Compact Umbrella in Sophie 2) Marmot PreClip Rain Jacket in Dark Cerulean 3) Whipping Post Passport Wallet 4) Fressko Lift Flask 5) Ursa Major Essential Face Wipes 6) Herschel Supply Fanny Pack in Black 7) Rawrow 210 Wax Sneakers8) Jack Black Sun Guard Sunscreen
Between product launches and talent recruiting, many of us spend 40+ hours in the office and have little to no energy by evening. Once a year, take some time off to explore a new city, country and culture; you'll definitely come back to work with new perspective and likely a few great ideas. If we recall correctly, Steve Jobs took a seven-month pilgrimage to India before he began working on Apple-I. TBH, most of us probably don't have the luxury of taking half a year off, but one week is certainly good enough to relax and recharge.